Mount Merapi is situated at the elevation of 2,930 meter above sea level. Mount Merapi is one of the most-active volcanoes in the world. At the peak of the mountain, you’ll be able to witness sunrise overlooking a dead crater, calmed by the mountain breeze. We’ll also bring you to Ketep Pass where you can see Mount Merapi from a distance and watch documentary film at Volcano Theatre. Afterwards, you’ll be transferred to your hotel, airport or railway station for your next destination.Check Dates
21.00 Start to pick you up at your hotel and drive to starting point named is Sello Village.
24.00 take a rest for thirty minutes and briefing prepare everything for climbing.
01.00 Starting your climb around 3 – 4 hours.
04.00 a stunning view waits. A sunrise with volcano backgrounds, beautiful view on the volcano Merbabu on the northern side, and looking down a green valley and hilly mountains.
After a moment rest at the top, you will trek down back to the base camp through the tropical forest of Merapi. Exploring a little bit of the village is possible before transferring you back to Yogyakarta.
- Private tour arrangement
- Private air conditioned transport (inclusive driver, petrol, parking)
- Entrance tickets and all admission fees
- English speaking tour guide
- Local guide for trekking activity on Merapi volcano
- Mineral water during tour
- 1X Coffee or tea break
- 1 X Simple breakfast
- 2 bottle mineral water @1.500ml
- Flight ticket
- Airport tax
- Porter fee
- Tipping tour guide
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Any other item not specified as included
- Comfortable backpack with rain cover (25 to 30 liters)
- Sun glasses
- Sun screen, or any other thing that will protect you from getting sun burnt
- Rain coat and/or wind breaker. You will need to bring it to the summit to break the wind
- Head lamp or hand torch light
- Gaiters, if you have, as the terrain is sandy, do the sand may get into your shoes and it’s not comfortable
- Hiking shoes. Boots are preferable, if not, you can bring the most comfortable sport shoes you have. The walk will be around 34 kms in total (return)
- Mask / scarf
- Trekking poles
- 3 dri fit T-shirts
- 1 long sleeve shirt
- 2 pairs of cotton or light weights pants (non-denim or jeans material)
- 1 pair of short
- Warm clothes, either jacket, pull over, sweater, or all of them if necessary
- Hand gloves. It can be very chilly on the summit
- Enough socks (2 extra pairs)
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS|
- No special trekking skill is required, yet the participants should be physically and mentally fit for climbing several hours each day and high altitude with cold weather. Preparations such as jogging for 30 minutes per day prior to arrival are sufficient.
- Please consult your doctor if you have a history of suffering from the following ailments: heart disease, hypertension, chronic asthma, peptic ulcer, severe anemia, diabetes, epileptic fits, arthritis, palpitation, hepatitis, muscular cramps, obesity and any other sickness that may be triggered by severe cold, exertion, and high altitude.
- We will not be held liable or responsible for failure to execute trekking or other trips arrangements specified herein due directly or indirectly to acts of nature (force major), strikes, riots, war, road blockage, cancellation of flight, government restriction, or any other conditions beyond our control.
- We will take NO responsibility for any injury or death caused by natural disaster or any other conditions beyond our control.
- Please bear in mind that the insurance purchased along with the entrance ticket to the national parks is limited to personal accident with limited coverage. Thus, the clients should have their own personal travel insurance.
- We have the right to cancel or postpone trekking because of government restriction, bad weather or any natural disaster such as landslide, flood, earthquake, etc.
- Reservations must include passport number and complete name as it appears on passport.
- Down payment of 50% of total package fee is required, and should be made at least 7 days prior to arrival date
- Once you confirmed and paid for this trip, you are eligible for the arrangement stated and agree to a NON – refund policy of down payment in case of cancellation from your side.